Pages

Monday, January 11, 2016

The 100th Day of School is Coming!!!

Are you starting to prepare for the 100th Day of School?? 

Our District's 100th Day of School isn't until Wednesday, January 27th this year, however as we all know, that day will be here before we know it! Today I prepared a sample of one of my favorite 100th Day of School Activities... THE AGING BOOTH! The AgingBooth is a FREE App for iOS and Android.

I dare you to take a glance at yourself in the Aging Booth! I find it a little too realistic and frightening to see myself aged that much, however, your students will LOVE seeing themselves age!

Once you have an aged image, the real fun can begin. You can use this image as a jumping off point for multiple conversations and activities. For example, this image can be used with a writing assignment about their lives or what will ____ be like in 100 years from now. One of my favorite extensions, is using this image in ChatterPix for Kids. Students can record themselves talking for up to 30 seconds and then their aged self will speak. Again, with all activities, you have to have a sample for your students, so I've included a link to view my ChatterPix video about what I hope to have done by the time I reach 100 years old! Once recorded in ChatterPix for Kids, we save to the camera roll to be exported to Seesaw.

No comments:

Post a Comment