I prepared a simple display of pictures to show students our activity using Notability. (Click here to view) We played up the treasure hunt for letters to get the students really excited for their task. Then we modeled, modeled and modeled our expectations. Students were then dismissed to their table seats. Students woke their iPads up, searched for our QR Code App and opened it. We used QR Code Reader by Scan because it is free and doesn't have pop up ads like other QR Apps!
- Stand up, push in your chair, and then pick up your iPad with both hands
- Next walk around the room, watching out for our friends, remembering to always hold our iPad with two hands
- Once you find a QR Code, you must aline the QR Code to the square on your screen
- After it scans, it will reveal your letter, and you walk back to your seat to sit down
- Our iPads are placed on top of our name tags, then we use our highlighters to trace the letter
- Once you're done, we tap the X to close the letter and repeat the above steps